Wednesday, March 12, 2014

My Childhood

Dear Younger Brothers,

I see you guys just got your fancy new XBox One. I'm perfectly happy with my xbox 360 and Playstation 3. I don't even have time for a lot of games, so I mostly use them for Netflix. Oh Netflix. I see you guys always watching Netflix when I look at my Xbox Friends list. It's nice being able to watch TV and Movies like that. Being able to instantly stream you favorite tv shows and movies. You can watch them over and and over again and it's all digital. Do you two remember all our tapes....VHS....? No? Yeah I think you were a little too young when we finally switched to DVD and now all our streaming movies and tv. I was only last year that Mom finally got rid of all our tapes. You boys were glad to see them go to free up room for video games and DVDs. It was a sad day for me... There goes my childhood.



I remember watching movies over and over again when I was younger. I would literally watch the movie, rewind it, and watch it again. I hated waiting and watching all the previews so mom would right the time the movie started on the VHS box so we could fast forward to the exact spot it started. I remember you boys would never rewind the movie when you watched tapes. Mom would put it in for you so you wouldn't break it. We had to teach you not to mess with the tape but all that was quickly forgotten when we got DVDs. No more rewinding, no more fuzzy lines at the top when the tape was wearing out. I still remember how awesome it was to get to go to Video Only and rent a movie or TV. I even remember where on the shelves the Little Mermaid Tv Show tapes and the Gumby Movie were because I would rent them so much.


DVDs and Streaming are a lot nicer I must admit. But not everything is on DVD or streaming. All the Mickey Mouse cartoon that Mom taped from Tv or the movies that were never covered to DVD... Now we have to find a way to convert all our old home movies, otherwise we can't watch them since our only tape player eats all our tapes.
Have fun with your xbox one,
Love,
Your older sister.






No comments:

Post a Comment